FAQ’s Tenzing Pacific
1. What kinds of policies do you sell?
If you live in Vietnam we offer health, life, travel & business insurance. If you live elsewhere, we can provide health, life & travel insurance. You can see our full list of products here
2. Who are your clients?
Our clients are expats or any country & local citizens of Vietnam. We have many individuals, families & company plans.
3. Who are your providers?
We have many providers, both international & Vietnamese insurers. You can see our full list of providers here
4. What advantages do I have using Tenzing instead of going direct?
We are unbiased in our products. Providers sell you what they have, we help you buy what’s best for you.
We help process claims on your behalf & follow-up with the provider. If you’re by yourself the onus is on you.
We provide superior customer service
As we have books of business with providers, you may get favorable treatment
Admin help with your policy from application, payment & policy docs, claims support & renewal.
5. Does it cost me extra money to use Tenzing?
NO!!!! There are no added costs for our services, the price you pay with us is the price you’d pay with the provider.
6. How do you make your money?
Tenzing is paid a fixed rate commission by the provider.
7. How do you make your recommendations?
Our recommendations are based on our clients’ needs. We ask detailed questions in the consultation so we can understand your needs & recommend you suitable plans.
About the Insurance, Administration & Claims
1. What is the process of getting set up with insurance? How long does it take?
You will need to fill out an application form, which gets submitted to the underwriting department for assessment.
2. Can I take out short-term insurance?
Yes, short term plans are available.
3. What if I need to cancel my plan, can I get a refund?
This varies by provider & depends on if you’ve made a claim or not. Prorated refunds are available in certain situations.
4. After I sign a policy, who should I contact if I need anything?
Please contact Tenzing support with your rep on CC
5. Does Tenzing process claim?
Tenzing does not process claims or make any claims decisions. That is done by the provider or their claims administrator.
6. Can Tenzing help me make a claim?
Certainly, if you need help making a claim, just let our support team know, email@example.com
7. Do I sign the contract with you or the provider? Who do I pay?
The contract is signed with the provider, subsequently the payment is made to the provider directly.
Premiums & Payments
1. How can I pay for my premium?
Premiums can be paid via Bank Transfer or with a card.
2. Is there an added fee for a card?
This depends on the provider, most of the time there is no added cost.
3. How frequently are premiums paid?
This varies by provider. Most international providers will offer a variety of payment options like monthly, quarterly, semi-annually or annually.
Many Vietnamese providers only offer annual payments. Some have more payment options.
4. Can I pay in cash?
If you happen to be living in a city where the provider has an office, then you could pay your premium in cash.
5. Can you provide a VAT invoice?
A VAT invoice can be provided if you live in Vietnam
6. Can International insurers provide a VAT Invoice?
They can provide an invoice, but it will not be the same Vietnamese VAT invoice. If want an international insurer & need a VAT, please speak with your rep to troubleshoot.
7. Do I get anything if I refer a friend?
You can earn a gift voucher for referring a friend, just let your rep know 🙂
1. How are pre-existing conditions handled?
This varies by provider, in general you need to declare pre-existing conditions and they must be accepted by the provider. After submitting an applicant
2. Can I be covered for a pre-existing condition if I didn’t declare it?
Pre-existing conditions can be covered by some providers after passing a moratorium period
3. I have a pre-existing condition, will I need a health check?
This depends on the condition declared. You may need to provide a recent test result for underwriting.
4. Can I pay extra to have a pre-existing condition covered?
Providers will consider offering a premium loading, in which they charge you more & cover your condition.
If you have other questions, please contact your rep or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org